Lilypie

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Salmon, Anyone?

My grandparents on Laura, my step-mother's side, have an RV and are currently traveling all through Alaska. A couple of weeks ago, my grandfather called me up and asked me if I liked salmon. My answer, "Why, of course!"

"Good, because I wanted to know if I could ship you some salmon that I caught."

"Yes, that would be great, Grandpa. Thank you!"

Come to find out later, "some" salmon is actually 37-pounds-worth. That's 37 one+ pound fillets, all individually wrapped.

So last week, I received an over-night package at my door with these huge, beautiful salmon fillets, fresh from Alaska. As you can see, I barely fit them all in my freezer. My dad and brother-in-laws are very upset that their respective wives don't like fish. Lucky for Dustin and I. :-)

I have a close-up picture of one of the amazing fillets, as well as some pliers that I use to pull out the pin bones before cooking.

So, needless to say, I have been compiling salmon recipes. I'll have ample opportunity to try them out and discover favorites! If you have a good salmon recipe, please send it my way!

And if we happen to have you over for dinner, there is a good chance we'll be having salmon.

4 comments:

A Cincy Mama said...

Holy cow. That's a lot of fish! Guess you don't have to worry about getting your Omega-3's for awhile. I bought a great salmon rub from kroger awhile back. I think it's actually called "Salmon Rub" or something close...I'll have to check. In any case, it's pretty good. Simple, too.

Anonymous said...

Dude, we love salmon. We'll be over around six ;)

Amy D said...

Alright! The Boytes are coming to Cincy for dinner! I was hoping the salmon would entice them . . . :-)

Salmon Rub, eh? I think that sounds like an excellent investment for us! I'll be sure to look for it next trip to the store!

Tammy said...

Invite us over-I love salmon!
Here's a simple way to bake some...
Place foil in a baking dish. Place frozen salmon on foil. Stir together 1/2 stick butter (melted), 3 Tbl honey and 3 Tbl mustard. Pour mixture over salmon and wrap up in foil. Bake for 1 hour at 350. It tastes great with rice and veggies!