Lilypie

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Turned Upside Down

Levi will be going back to daycare--today being the first day. Unfortunately, things did not work out with Brittany to continue taking care of Levi. It is too bad . . . I, however, praise God for His provision in allowing one more open spot available in Levi's age group at the daycare in such short notice! Usually, people are on the waiting list for 3-6 months. God is gracious in providing for us in this quick transition.

I am sad for the change in care and nervous about the unknown. The uncertainty of how Levi will do in daycare and WHO will be taking care if him (I have yet to meet these new people; I am currently working 12.5 hour night-shifts . . . ) is difficult for this working mother. Up to this point, it had been nice to have Levi with someone that I trusted to provide excellent care, where I had a handle on how things were going with Levi's "routine," thus alleviating any worries I would have while working. Now I have to enter a new phase of developing that trust with new people. I also pray that Levi will still flourish in a 4:1 ratio of teacher-to-child setting (vs 2:1). I hope the transition is not too difficult on him. I also hope he is able to nap well and eat well while there. [Currently he's napping 1.5-2 hrs 3 times per day while at home and 45-75 min at Brittany's. He's drinking milk 4 times per day, now 7 oz., and taking in solids 3 times per day.]

In honor of the past 4.5 months under Brittany's care, here are some recent pictures of Levi and Ruthie (courtesy of Brittany).
Levi is always just content sitting there playing with/gumming toys while Ruthie is moving and crawling all over the place.

Ruthie is telling Levi, "This is how you do it!"
--------------------------

I am confident in the Lord's goodness and provision for our family. I know that He will watch over Levi, and He is the One that truly has Levi in His hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's still taking 3-4 naps a day?!!? If he starts taking only a morning and afternoon nap at daycare, don't worry. That is more usual at this stage.