Lilypie

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Levi's Fifth Month--October

So much to catch up on with Levi and these past few months!! He continues to change and grow so much--it will be even more evident as I go through these pictures over the past 2.5 months.

It has been hard to find time to update with working every forth night on overnight call at the VA hospital in December (ie: 30 hour shift every forth night) and trying to squeeze Christmas shopping, wrapping, and shipping gifts off to everyone. Blogging, unfortunately, had been put on hold. I hope to catch up on all the wonderful moments captured on camera during this time and post them in the next few days.
Here is a rare shot for Levi. He's comfortably laying on his belly playing with a toy. This boy prefers his back. We'll place him on his belly for "Tummy Time", and the little stinker quickly will roll back onto his back to play with his toy.

Here's a little photo-shoot of 5-month-old Levi in his "Levi outfit", for the last time. It's sad when he grows out of cute clothes!

I think this picture is so funny! It's rare for Levi to have his mouth closed, and this picture highlights his pouty lips and mesmerization by the camera.
Not quite sitting up too well yet. He can only sit up with some support. After a few seconds, he starts folding in half. :-)


My sweet boy. :-)

At the time of this posting, Levi still has not cut any teeth. But, I swear, it seems like he's been "teething" for months now, as evident in these next pictures. It is actually quite difficult to read to Levi because when he sees the book, he reaches for each page and wants to put it in his mouth. If I'm having him sit in my lap, he wiggles and reaches for it until he gets a hold of it. Eventually, I just give in and hand him the book. Really, chewing on books is one of his favorite past-times. . . . I hope that translates into something intellegent later ? . . .

Here's some examples (thank goodness for Board Books!!):


Really going to town!!

Now, just posing.

This is Levi's favorite position to sleep in at night. He's such a little man! What's amazing is that I have in utero pictures of him in the same positions "smiling"!! (See one of my first posts)

More fun with food!!


He's so eager!


Mmmm, sweet potato!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
I was indecisive about Levi's costumes, so I dressed him in various outfits and took pictures. :-)
The happy little ghost.

Every baby has to be a pumpkin for their first Halloween! (it's like a rule)
[This was actually a very challenging photo-shoot. I was doing it alone, and Levi really can't sit up well yet, so I had to try to catch it before he folded in half or fell on top of the pumpkin. :-) ]

And, of course, our family-favorite Halloween costume:
I think this might become a family tradition for our future children . . . :-)

At the end of October/first of November, we went to The Picture People at a mall nearby and got some photos done. Levi is 5 and 1/2 month old, and there were just too many great pictures to choose from! Here they are:


I love my little boy so much!

Our little family. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the one of him sleeping liek a little man! And the Picture People pics are wonderful! I so wish I'd done that during Salem's first year. Xiabe talks about you, Dustin and Levi all the time - it's so cute how he remembers you and associates all kinds of things with you (microphones, drums, Chik-Fil-A, baby Levi, etc.), and so talks about you so often.